Thursday, June 12, 2014

Week 46 - Mission Tour Week

It's you guys again haha how you doing? :) Life here is good! You know just living the good ole missionary life. Truly nothing better! I love it. But I should just update you all.

So This week was a great spiritual week! We had our Area President come visit us. Elder Brent Nielson of the Seventy. Which was totally wicked. He is a good guy. It was great to just sit down and get taught. I have realized on the mission now that I just love learning. before i hated school and sitting and doing stuff like that but now I look forward to everyday where I can study and even better when I can learn from others. That mission tour was just everything! I even got to see my mtc companion, elder Packard. First time I saw him in forever! and man i missed him hahah when we first saw each other we hugged it out for a good 5 min.. it was life! crazy thing is that my family just moved an hour from where he is so the odds of me seeing him after the mission have gone up! but I saw some other people too and it is always good to see people you havent seen in a while.

We have been doing a lot of finding this week again. Lost a ton of investigators.. We have had some success! Then other days feel like I just got knocked out by a boxer haha so it has its ups and downs. we have had some success though finding a couple families! Haven't really taught a family yet so I am pretty excited. We found one with 10 kids! hahaha so many so it should be fun :) Just trying to be the missionary they deserve. That may be the hardest part! But all is well. The lord's work will always be worth it.

This week was huge spirtually. I think I already said that haha but that is how spiritual is was! Man I learned  a lot. The mission tour was focused on a change of heart. What it truly means. This may be one of my favorite topics with this gospel. We as people can change all we want. It's part of life. And that is what I thought it was. But being on the mission changed it all. Life is not just about changing. But it is about changing into the person we need to be. The person Heavenly Father needs. And the only way that is possible is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We are on this earth to become perfect. And we all know we can't do that. But in reality we can. Only through Jesus Christ. That is why he died for us. Yes it was to redeem of of our sins but it was also to help us become like him. Once we realize that we cannot do it alone, we will be that much closer to becoming like him. I know it isn't easy. I am still learning how to fully do it. But I know because of him in the end we can do it.

I love you all. Seriously I am so thankful for all of you. I am thankful for the knowledge of this gospel. I am thankful to be here. I am thankful to be serving. And I am more than thankful for a loving father in heaven and a loving savior. Jesus did what he was sent to do and I more than hope that when all is said and done, we can say the same. Thank you for your love. Keep partying my friends! I leave you with a scripture. D&C 58:2-4. Until next time family.




No comments:

Post a Comment