Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Week 32 - Growing Up Week

Well here we are! How is everyone doing? I'm just living here! haha busy busy week so hopefuilly I can just let you all know what happened. But might as well get started! I am starting to run out of ideas on how to start these emails hahahaha

So this past week was my kid's B-day! I didn't think I would be here to see it cuz we were finished training and I thought we would be transferred but we weren't so I got to see my kid's B-day! hahaha such a proud daddy. The dude is now 25.... I am still 19 hahaha so that is fun. and we have been companions now for 14 weeks. So we just are hanging in there... But ya it was his birthday so we celebrated! Bought him a cake and just let him go to town. It was fun and we had some laughs. The same day we had interviews with our lovely mission president and that went awesome! He is a good guy and definitely was what I needed. So that day was a great one for sure. 

Investigator Wise it has been good! My kid starting working on Thursday since his foot was still hurting so that was good to finally have a day of work. We had our golden Investigator finally come to church for the 4th time so now she can get baptized!! haha so pumped for that! So now we are about to become wedding planners for her wedding and her baptism. Double Whammy! But really pumped for that. She is awesome and it has been so cool to see her grow in the gospel. Not a better for a missionary than to see a person realize how important this gospel is. That is what life is all about. We also had those girls that asked to be baptized come to church! They are pumped about being baptized, it is awesome! Part of me thinks it isn't for the right reasons though so we just want to take it slow with them and make sure they have a testimony of the gospel before they join. There is nothing worse than people who join not for the gospel! They always just go less active and it just causes problems. So we are hoping for the best with them. But they are starting to read the BoM and that is all they need! So a ton of blessings for sure :)

Got some pics here for ya! saw a monkey! he was a chill dude. That is me going to town of some wood. Just trying to have some fun haha and the others are my kid's b day and the sunrise this morning! 

What else happened? That is all I can think of haha it has just been a normal week! Just working for the Lord. Sometimes I forget that this isn't normal life. But I love it. They may be the hardest times ever but no doubt they have made me such a better person. The lord will always give us what we need sometimes not what we want.

So ya peeps, that is life here in the good ole Philippines. The struggle is still real but its a great journey. That was a sick quote I found this week! "Life is not a race, it's a journey." So flippin true! Sometimes we forget that it doesn't matter how fast it goes or how slow it goes or how long we live. What truly matters is what we do with the time we have been blessed with. Whether you are struggling or you are loving life remember, Heavenly Father loves you and wants what is best for you. That is the reason the things are happening. So try to find out what you can learn from it and have it help you become the person he needs you to be. I love you all and could not be more thankful for all that you do. Keep dominating wherever you are. like the good old wise paps of mine used to say, "Whatever you are doing, give it all you have for that. Have a good week my friends. I leave you with a scripture 2 Nephi 22:2. Until next time my people. 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment