Sunday, July 28, 2013

Family,

I thought I'd share ... Randy & I were checking out Kyle's blog when I stumbled on a few blogs of some of what other missionaries have shared about Kyle.  So here it goes... Enjoy....



Sunday, July 21, 2013

Oops!

I forgot to share with you Elder Oberg's e-mail from last week, so these are from last week and this week!
Magandang Umaga everyone!
On Wednesday I was having a really hard time, but I had a good chat with Elder Finneman, one of the zone leaders. He leaves to go into the field on Monday which is awesome. Since then it's been pretty amazing. 
Mahal ko kayo!
And remember, whatever it is: Kaya mo iyan! (You can do it!)
-Elder Oberg


Kumusta!
Ts week has been pretty crazy.-!  I absolutely love it!  The MTC is wonderful.  I haven't been homesick yet and I am having a blast!  I love home, but right now I am completely happy to be at the enough of my district!  I love every single person that is in it.  We have such a range of people.  Everyone is so unique and I love all of them.  We help each other through the hard times and with the language and we laugh and laugh...and laugh.  We are a really strong district.  We love being together.  We always sit together at dinner and study together.  Our district leader is Elder Finneman.  He is part Filipino and has been to the Philippines several times.  He can understand the language so he has quite the advantage.  He doesn't speak it but it is a lot easier for him to learn.  He spends most of his time helping us with learning and pronounciation.  I love him dearly!  He is the most selfless person I have ever met.  He is such a natural leader

My companion is Sister Carr from Huntington Beach CA. She is soooo amazing. Really she has made me feel so much more comfortable here. I instantly loved her right when we met. She is going to be a great missionary. My district is great as well. There are 4 Sisters and 6 Elders. We all compliment eachother so well and make things easier for eachother. My district leader Elder Finneman did a great job at calming me down yesterday when I had a melt down over not knowing the language. It is nice to have them all as a family while I am here in the MTC. (BUT that doesn't mean you guys don't need to write me! WRITE ME! PLEASE!)
Me and Sister Carr taught our first investigator yesterday- Julio. He is so amazing and really wants to know about this gospel. Unfortuantely, he only speaks a little English and I barely speak Tagalog so I am really relying on the Spirit to get my message across. It is hard here but I know it is what I need to do right now. At times I think- If I didn't have to learn a language then I would be having such an easier time here but I nope. I have been called to preach the gospel in Tagalog and I need to remember that. I am trying my best to learn it because this is what Heavenly Father needs me to do.
It is hard here but worth it. Everything goes by so fast. It has been 4 days but feels like 4 months because I have been taught so much. I am really missing family and friends so I hope people write me letters. My address is on Facebook so pleaseeeee write?!
Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. That's really so awesome to hear a second and third witness of Elder Finneman's character! I really love that. Was the sister called to the same mission? What was her name?

    ReplyDelete