Thursday, April 24, 2014

Week 39 - Conference Week

Hello friends! Another week is upon us. I don't know what else to say
hahahha but it was a good one. An adjustment! but still good.

So the new comp is chill! His name is E. Lam Cheung. He is from Somoa but
has some chinese german running through the veins too. He has gotten in
some problems before but he is still a really good guy. A hard worker! So
we have gotten a lot done this week. But it is still taken an adjustment.
He goes home in December! So he has been here longer than me. So I am just
trying to learn the most I can from him. The lord has a plan!!

The biggest news this week was definitely Conference! For those of you that
missed it, just hit up good ole lds.org   but wait..it has been over for
you fellas for like 2 weeks now in the states hahah but we in the islands
just had it this past week.  But man conference was off the hook!! well
when isn't it hahah never heard someone say "Man, conference just was a let
down this year." hahha but seriously it is something else to hear directly
from the prophet! I loved Eyring's talk in priesthood about Heroes. That
one hit home. And just all of them! What I got from conference this year is
faith. That we need to trust and have faith in God. Trust in his plan and
just don't back down from it. Being members of the church, the world is
going against now everything we believe in. They mentioned Helaman 5:12
like 4 times on Saturday. "My sons, remember rememer that is is upon the
rock of our Redeemer, who is CHRIST, the Son Of God, that ye MUST build
your foundation." If our foundation is strong no matter how bad this world
gets. We shall not fall.

My friends I know this to be true. I know this is Christ's church and as we
build our foundation around him no matter what happens in this world we
will be victorious. We will win that trophy. the trophy of eternal life.
Life is a struggle! It isn't easy. But what I have learned this past months
on the mission that it wasn't easy for our Savior. So why should we think
that it would be easy for us. And even though it isn't easy. The hard times
make it all worth it. It makes us appreciate everything in life. The
important things. So spend time with the family, sit down and just enjoy
life. We live in a world of chaos, but as we turn to Christ and build our
foundation around him we will begin to live in a world of peace among the
chaos. I love you all and could not be more thankful for all that you do
for me. I leave you with a scripture. 1 Corinthians 9:12. Until next time
mga kapatid.



No comments:

Post a Comment